Thursday, May 17, 2007

Meet the 2007 Film Fellows!

Lilibeth Chauca, 17

I’m 17 years old. I took art for the first time in the 6th grade and have never stopped enjoying it. I got involved in film because of my high school – Manhattan Center – and love doing it because it allows me to be creative while also getting out my message to the public.

David Dennis, 16

I attend Art and Design High School where I study filmmaking. I love to draw, write compelling stories, act and direct films.

Eva Duarte, 18

I’m a young, outgoing artist currently attending City-As-School. I enjoy writing, filmmaking and music and in the future hope to contribute to and be successful in the field of my choosing.

James Duarte, 15

Born and raised in the Bronx, I discovered an artistic side to myself at age nine. When I attended the Theater Arts Production Company Middle/High school I learned that I had a passion for filmmaking and I continue to do so in hopes of becoming a successful filmmaker.

Brian Fernandez, 17

Film is what I want to do. Rather than pick up a suitcase I chose to pick up a camera and it’s what I can see myself doing when I’m older.

Kristy Garcia, 17

I attend Jonathan Levin High School where I need to do better. I love film, my passion is editing and my goal is to try and learn something new about it everyday.

Iemi Hernandez-Kim, 16

I currently attend Edward R. Murrow H.S. In the future I hope to use film to change the world, even in a small way.

Wyatt Maker, 16

I’m Wyatt Maker and I think that’s all you need to know. I got to LaGuardia H.S. for the Performing Arts, I love to tell stories and um…I love M&M’s and uh…I have an infinite supply of unlocked potential. Oh yeah, and I can only write two sentences.

Dameon Mills, 19

Presently I attend Edward R. Murrow H.S. My future goals are to receive a degree in media arts, work in the film industry and give back to my community. My goals are to either become a film editor or producer. I feel that having the skills to perform such tasks is essential.

Melissa Murray, 16

I attend the Academy of Mount St. Ursula. To me film is a way of life and has always been a part of mine. I write and direct comedies and love to create new worlds where I get to control the lives of my characters.

Diana Mustafa, 19

I went to school at City-As-Brooklyn. In the future, I would like to direct films and write screenplays.

Steven Ramotar, 16

I attend the High School of Art & Design. Artistic forms of expression have always been a part of my life, whether it’s through painting, clothing, make-up, interior design, film, architecture, etc. I believe that by achieving success in school and preserving my artistic endeavors I can attend a great college and subsequently having a career in the arts.

Jessica Rondon, 16

The school l attend – Jonathan Levin H.S. – has helped me realize who I want to be. It has opened my eyes to a new world and made me realize that I am a leader and that I am meant for greatness and success.

Gustavo Santos, 19

I was brought up on the tip of Washington Heights, I attended George Washington High School, where I followed the right crew—Global Action Project. Artistic in every sense of the word. Can’t draw. Can film, graph, edit, and compose words into dreams.

Isaac Shrem, 17

I attend Midwood High School. I like playing guitar, writing music, songs, poetry, stories and screenplays. I think education is very important, but as an artist often find myself playing guitar instead of doing my homework. I try my best to maintain my 80-85 average, and at the same time try to participate in every art program that interests me.

Alexandra Singer, 18

Living in NY I’ve grown up exposed to different cultures while experiencing life in the diverse neighborhoods of the city. I believe that film is a medium that can bring people from different backgrounds together. Uniting people despite their differences is why I want to continue studying film.

Dominick Susca, 16

I attend the High School of Art and Design. I enjoy art, film and skateboarding. My future goals are to make short films that others can connect with, to influence society and to simply entertain. In high school I’ve made a short documentary – Hey Kid! Do a Kickflip! – which was recently featured in Art & Design’s film festival.

Shiya Trotman, 15

I am a 15 year-old teenager out of Brooklyn, New York. I attend the Urban Assembly School for Law and Justice where I have a 95% GPA. I’m a writer with an imagination to spark Einstein’s weirdest and wildest dreams. I can make a story out of anything. I can direct and plan to take the film industry to a place the world has not ever dreamed of.

Marsha Velez, 16

I’m a very imaginative person and can credit that to my habit of daydreaming. I hope to display my vision to the world and I have no doubt the film industry will help me get there.

Matthew Yaggy, 16

I am a young filmmaker. In my free time I write and make short films with my production team – Ticking Clock Productions.

1 comment:

SAC said...

In Search of ALEXANDRA SINGER:

http://insearchofalexandrasinger.wordpress.com/